Who We’re Looking For
Plarium is looking for an outstanding Games Writer to help us craft the voice, UI text, and content of our legacy and in-development free-to-play titles.
As a strong candidate for this position, you have worked in a game studio and helped ship at least one successful title. You have an encyclopedic knowledge of free-to-play games. From casual to mid-core, you have a mental pool of great examples to draw from, and are familiar with a broad set of common game mechanics and features.
You have excellent lateral-thinking skills, can dig into stat calculations, and thrive in the space where game mechanics and writing intersect. You have spent time honing your professional writing skills, and can take a task from concept documentation to live update, while problem-solving, self-proofing, and editing your work independently.
If you have a sense of adventure, and the above describes your skillset - we want to talk to you.
What You’ll Be Doing
As part of the Creative Department, you will be working closely with Localization, Marketing, and Product teams to create and proof accurate and engaging text and UI content for mobile and social games. You will be expected to work independently on proofing and editing content for accurate translation, and support daily operations at our studio in Kharkiv, Ukraine. In this role you will:
- Maintain quality standards of all English-language content through professional writing, proofing, and editing.
- Develop and play-test UI text and strings for mobile, PC, and social platforms.
- Support daily localization document workflow.
- Develop engaging, original game-related content for our players, including but not limited to: gameplay tips, push notifications, strategy guides, promotional copy, and storyboard texts.
- Conduct ad-hoc writing, proofing and editing as needed (including press releases, web copy, newsletters, collateral materials, game proposals and other written corporate materials and communication).
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, creating character backstories, brainstorming creative references, drafting wiki articles, codifying style, tone, etc.
- Strong creative writing skills, excellent grammar and spelling mandatory.
- Experience in game writing or English localization QA on at least one shipped game.
- Passion for video gaming and the video game industry necessary.
- Native English-speaker.
- Experience working in cross-cultural and cross-studio environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a multicultural, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong logical and lateral thinking skills, and a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Background in gaming, fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and other game-relevant creative material.
- Familiarity with writing for mobile games, the mobile games market, and multiple game genres.
Additional (Not Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience in Journalism, Communication, English Literature, Creative Writing, Technical Writing, or related field.
- Copywriting/copy editing experience highly desirable.
- Experience writing for social and new media.
- Experience with video script-writing
- Experience using localization software.
- Experience working in Unity 3D.
This position will require on-site relocation to our studio in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
What We Offer
- Competitive Western salary and benefits.
- Full relocation assistance including temporary housing allowance, international shipping, legal, and financial support.
- Personal annual travel allowance.
- 24+ paid vacation days per year, plus Ukrainian bank holidays and up to 5 days unpaid personal time off.
- Comprehensive expatriate medical and dental coverage.
- Free language lessons.
- Personal annual training budget.
- On-site amenities include a modern gym, personal training, pilates and art classes, cinema, music room, games rooms, and an in-house chef.
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences, training, and social events.
- A chance to participate in the creation of some of the world’s most popular games across casual, midcore, and hardcore genres.
- A vibrant, diverse international team of gaming professionals.
- Room for career development and progression.
- The chance to work on a wide variety of games and in close cooperation with our sister studios in the USA, Russia, Israel, and Ukraine.