Plarium Ukraine is looking for an outstanding Game Copywriter and Editor to help craft the English voice, UI text, backstories, content, and storytelling of our social gaming titles. The successful applicant will work with the Creative and Localization teams to check and edit content for accurate translation, create original content, and support daily operations at our studio in Kharkiv, Ukraine. This is a full-time position.
Work closely with the Creative and Localization teams to:
- Maintain quality standards of all English-language content through professional proofing and editing;
- Support daily localization document workflow;
- Develop engaging, original game-related content for our players, including but not limited to: gameplay tips, infographic texts, strategy guides, how-to guides, promotional copy, and storyboard texts;
- Develop and play-test UI text and strings for mobile, browser, and social platforms;
- Maintain IP content bibles that help codify, explain, and expand the universes for our games. This may include, but is not limited to, creating character backstories, world lore, codifying style, tone, etc;
- Develop creative, thematically appropriate scripts to be performed and recorded in support of our ongoing game projects;
- Conduct ad-hoc writing, proofing and editing as needed (including press releases, web copy, newsletters, collateral materials, game proposals and other written corporate materials and communications).
- English Native Speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in Journalism, Communication, English Literature, Creative Writing, Technical Writing, or related field;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Google Documents, and common office productivity software.
- Familiarity with APA and MLA American English style guides;
- Prior experience with game or software development and localization;
- Strong background in gaming, fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and other creative cultural material;
- Basic spoken Russian (not required).
- This position will require on-site relocation to our studio in Kharkiv, Ukraine;
- Ability to multi-task in a multicultural, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Contact us today if you want:
- A chance to participate in the creation of exciting projects – our games are played by millions!;
- An amazing team of young, capable, like-minded peers and a “work hard, play hard” attitude;
- A chance to secure your own pot of gold (figuratively speaking, and pending the results of your interview). Be aware that there is ALMOST zero chance of being given either a pot of gold, or a Leprechaun;
- A chance to take your professional career to the next level;
- A great opportunity for growth and professional development;
- Conferences, training and seminars to improve your skills;
- A super cool office in a convenient location with parking lot;
- Employment and social benefits in accordance with local legislation.