Plarium is an international mobile and browser games developing and publishing company. More than one thousand professionals at the company offices all over the world develop games that attract gamers. Every new project is a professional challenge for every member of our team.
Join us and become a Hero of Game Industry!
Plarium is looking for a talented and responsible Data Scientist who will participate actively in creating and improving of the company’s game projects.
- Building and optimizing machine learning models (churn prediction, fraud detection, segmentation of the user base, user profiling and other)
- Data preprocessing and cleansing, feature engineering, including the ones based on transaction data
- Data and business analysis
- Visualization and presentation of the modeling and analysis results
- Interaction with the other departments of the company, defining tasks for data preparation and development of the internal services and tools
- Deep passion for Data Science, enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis
- Practical experience on all the items in the Responsibility section
- Advanced degree (M.S. or PhD) in a field with a strong mathematical modeling component such as applied math, computer science, physics, economics, technical or natural sciences
- Strong basic knowledge of Statistics, Calculus, Linear algebra, Discrete math, Machine learning theory, Data structures and Algorithms
- Practical experience with scripting programming languages (Python, R)
- Strong knowledge of SQL, experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Unix shells (bash, sh)
- Experience with git or others version control systems
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including ability to explain complex mathematical and technical concepts to non-target audience
- Good command of English (at least reading professional literature and understanding spoken language of the field)
- Enjoyment of steep learning curves, desire and ability to delve into business problems, acquire industry knowledge as well as new technical skill
- Proactive attitude, entrepreneurial mindset, strong sense of ownership
One of the following:
- Experience in consumer behavior analytics in such domains as game development, internet services, financial services, retail, telco
- Experience in working with large datasets using tools of Hadoop ecosystem (such as Spark, Hive, Yarn)
- Programming experience in C#, Java, Scala, C
- Working experience as a Data Engineer, Data Base Administrator
- Working experience in Business Intelligence, data warehousing, reporting, building OLAP – cubes
- Systems analysis skills, experience in business process modeling using such methodologies as IDEF, UML, etc.
- Broad mathematical outlook (game theory, graph theory, combinatorics, mathematical physics, etc.), experience in modeling of various physical and economical processes
- Experience in Data Journalism
We offer to:
- Become a part of mind-blowing projects – our games are played by millions!
- Get into an amazing team of young like-minded professionals
- Build a dazzling career
- Get great opportunity for professional development and growth
- Attend conferences and professional development seminars
- Get employment and social benefits in compliance with local legislation
- Work in a super cool office
Official employment as to the Labour Code of the Russian Federation.