Plarium is an international software development company specializing in the creation of mobile and browser games. The company employs over 1,000 specialists currently at work creating unique projects sure to challenge millions of gamers around the world.
We are looking for a talented and responsible Data Scientist to help us create innovative,
exciting new games. Join us and become a gamedev hero!
- Building and optimizing machine learning models (churn prediction, frauds, customer base segmentation, customer profiling, etc.)
- Preprocessing and cleaning up data
- Engineering features (including transaction data-based)
- Conducting data and business analysis
- Visualizing and presenting results of modeling and analysis
- Interacting with other departments in the company
- Setting tasks for data processing
- Developing internal services and tools
- Hands on-experience with everything listed under “Responsibilities”
- University or advanced degree (MSI or higher) with major in/related to mathematical modeling (Applied Mathematics, Information Technology, Physics, Economics, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of mathematical statistics, linear algebra, discrete mathematics, theory of machine learning, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience programming in script languages (Python, R)
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with Unix command line (bash, sh)
- Experience using Git or other version control systems
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain complex mathematical and technical concepts to general audiences
- English language skills at a level required to read professional materials and maintain minimal professional fluency or higher
- Business problem-related analytical skills
- Data modeling skills
Optional (at least one is required):
- Experience analyzing and modeling user behavior in Online Games, Web, Finance, Retail, Telecom, etc.
- Experience working with big data and using Hadoop ecosystem tools (Spark, Hive, Yarn)
- Experience developing in C#, Java, Scala, C
- Experience working as a Data Engineer or Database Administrator
- Experience working in Business Intelligence, data warehousing, reporting, and OLAP cube building
- System analysis skills
- IDEF- and UML-based business process description skills
- Broad-base mathematical knowledge (game theory, graph theory, combinatorics, mathematical physics, etc.), experience modeling various physical and economical processes
- Experience in data journalism
What we offer:
- A chance to participate in the creation of exciting projects – our games are played by millions!
- An amazing team of young, like-minded peers with a “work hard, play hard” attitude
- A chance to take your professional career to the next level
- A chance to take part in conferences and professional seminars
- Opportunity to work in the coolest office of the city
- Employment and social benefits in accordance with local legislation
Disclaimer: Successful applicants will be contacted via email. Unsuccessful applicants may not be contacted, but we’ll keep your application on file in case a similar position opens up in the future.