Plarium is one of the world’s fastest growing developers of social games with more than 12 million monthly active users and is Facebook’s first largest hardcore games developer.
Established in 2009, the company employs over 900 individuals across its three oﬃces and animation studios.
Plarium’s games are currently available on all major social networks (including Facebook, Google+, Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki and Mail.ru) and mobile.
About the Department:
The Business Performance department is responsible for enhancing the business success of Plarium by ensuring excellence in the performance of all business aspects including: marketing, games & product design, retention, monetization etc.
The department builds, operates and optimizes the processes across the entire company through top of the art big data handling, analytical capabilities & product design.
Plarium is developing a state-of-the-art Big Data platform to support its Analytics & BI activities. We are looking for a talented Big Data Infrastructure Developer that will utilize his expertise in order to design, build and improve complex and challenging our big data and business technology platforms.
- Responsible for design and development of our big data platform infrastructures (Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Impala, Scala, Python … and much more) – our big data platform handles huge amount of information, through complex processing (CEPs, machine learning) in batch and real time modes, complex data searches, using pluggable services and UI frameworks
- Involvement in design and hands-on development of our business technology applicative platform (AngularJS, Node.js, Java, Python, MySQL…)
- Responsible for our production environments (tens of servers, billions of records per day, deployed in Google Cloud) and for new developments
- Responsible for selecting, performing prof of concepts and integrating big data and applicative tools and frameworks
- Involvement in technically mentoring other team members, code reviews, defining and maintaining high development standards
- At least 3 years of experience with big data ecosystem (distributed file systems, distributed programing, NoSQL Databases) – infrastructures development, maintenance and deployment
- Experienced with installing, management and monitoring of Hadoop cluster
- Experienced with Kafka or any other distributed Pub-Sub
- Experienced with Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Experienced with NoSQL databases (such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB and Impala) and relational databases (such as MySQL and SQL Server)
- Experienced with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark
- Experienced with Linux OS – administration and installation
- Experienced with Bash scripting languages
- Experienced with Python and Java/Scala
- Experienced with packaging and scalable technologies (like Docker, Chef, Puppet)
- Experienced with Cloud hosting (AWS, Google Cloud…) – an advantage
- Relevant academic degree (Computer Science / Industrial Engineering / Information Systems)
- Extreme passionate for new technologies
- Technical leader, technical mentor
- Proactive and willing to take ownership
- Self-starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
- Love new challenges and passionate about continually pushing the envelope of scale
Contact us today if you want:
- A chance to participate in the creation of exciting projects – our games are played by millions!
- An amazing team of young, capable, like-minded peers and a “work hard, play hard” attitude
- A chance to secure your own pot of gold (figuratively speaking, and pending the results of your interview)
- Be aware that there is ALMOST zero chance of being given either a pot of gold, or a Leprechaun
- A chance to take your professional career to the next level
- A great opportunity for growth and professional development
- Conferences, training and seminars to improve your skills
- A super cool office in a convenient location with parking lot
- Employment and social benefits in accordance with local legislation